Topic: A Journey of Faith
Text: Psalms 32:8
Case Study: The Israelite Journey to Canaan (Exodus 34:10-11)
Challenges on The Journey.1 – The Opposition: (Exodus 34:11)
Characteristics of the Opposition:
1. The Amorites’ Strategy: To Speak Against & Challenge You
• These enemies aim to hinder you by speaking against you and challenging all your efforts.
2. The Canaanites’ Strategy: To Humiliate & Subdue You
• These enemies aim to hinder you by humiliating and subduing you, so that constantly bowed, you don’t make it to your destiny.
3. The Hittites’ Strategy: Exerting Their Might/Strength
• These enemies try to stop you by exerting their might, strength and “stronger” abilities over you.
4. The Perizzites’ Strategy: Pollution
• These enemies try to separate you from God’s promises by luring and causing you to fall into sin.
5. The Hivites’ Strategy: Enslavement By Compromise
• These enemies try to enslave and choke the life out of you by locking you into sinful habits and a life of compromise.
6. The Jebusites’ Strategy: Trampling & Pollution
• These enemies try to crush you through their resources, power and also through sin.
Challenges on The Journey.2 – The River Jordan (Josh 3:1-7)
The Ark of the Lord:
Overcoming Oppositions: Using the Ark
1. Follow the Ark: (1 John 2:20,27)
2. Guard your heart: (Proverbs 24:3)
3. Trust God to Guide You: (Isaiah 30:21; 45:2)
4. Let God Take Charge: (2 Samuel 6:3-8)
5. Follow the Cloud: (Numbers 9:15-23)